Saturday 12 September 2009

TOP 5 X FILES EPISODES




My top 5 greatest x file episodes - in no particluar order



War of the Coprohaghes (s3)





SUMMARY IN 3 WORDS: cockroaches, Robotics, Bambi.

MY THOUGHTS: a very cool episode, cleary inspired by war of the worlds - Darin Morgan proves that he is and always will be the greatest x files writer. My favourite bits include all the deaths and scully's rational explantion for each one, - straining to much on the toilet, drug abuse, allergies :) but you have to feel sorry for scully in this episode her big exciting weekend at home includes eating ice cream and reading a book ..and everytime the phone rings she assumes it's Mulder - awwww :(


FAVOURITE QUOTES:
Scully: I'm not going to ask if you just said what I think you just said, because I know it's what you said
Mulder: Bambi also has a theory I've come to acro...
Scully: Who?
Mulder: Dr. Berenbaum. Anyway her theory is...
Scully: Her name is Bambi?
Mulder: Yeah. Both her parents were naturalists. Her theory is that UFO's are actually nocturnal insect swarms passing through electrical air fields.
Scully: Her name is Bambi?

BAMBI BERENBAUM: You know, many insects don't develop wings until their last molting stage. Perhaps whatever these things were, they had their final molt and have flown off back to wherever they originated.
SCULLY: Yeah, that would explain everything.

FRASS: you two ought to go home and get some rest. You look pooped.



Jose Chung "From outer space" (S3)



SUMMARY IN 3 WORDS: Aliens, military, hypnosis


MY THOUGHTS Another Darin Morgan classic, i love every moment from the starwars style opening to the thought provoking ending "For although we may not be alone in the universe, in our own separate ways on this planet, we are all... alone." My fav bits include the alien autopsy and mulders scream when he sees the dead alien.

FAVOURITE QUOTES

1ST MAN IN BLACK: No other object as been misidentified as a flying saucer more often than the planet Venus


BLAINE FAULKNER: You can't suppress the truth! The people have a right to know! Roswell... Roswell!





BAD BLOOD (S5)


SUMMARY IN 3 WORDS: vampires, Pizza, Autopsy



MY THOUGHTS: A very clever, witty episode, we have scully's version of events then mulders - both equally hilarious. Luke Wilson is great as Sheriff Hartwell-probably my favourite MOTW episode.

FAVOURITES QUOTES


SCULLY: Well, it's obviously not a vampire.
MULDER: Well, why not?
SCULLY: Because they don't exist?



Squeeze/ Tooms (S1)



SUMMARY IN 3 WORDS: livers, vents, bile


MY THOUGHTS I must have been 11 or 12 when i first saw this episode and it scared me, but i still bought the video and watched it many times. Watching it now i can see it has many flaws and can be a bit OTT at times - "I'm Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure" but it still entertains and reminds me of the show that x files once was.

FAVOURITE QUOTES


FRANK BRIGGS: When I first heard about the death camps in 1945, I remembered Palhatton Mill. When I see the kurds and the bosnians, that room is there, I tell ye. It's like all the horrible acts that humans are capable of, somehow, gave birth to some kind of, human monster. That's why I say I've been waiting for you. Aah, there's a box in the trunk here, get it for me, would you please.



QUAGMIRE (S3)




SUMMARY IN 3 WORDS: Monster, Lake, rock



MY THOUGHTS When i think about x files this episode always pops into my mind - it has everything an x file should have, - dark woods, a monster, and great dialoge between mulder and scully. My favourite bits include the coversation on the rock and Queequag's death :)



FAVOURITE QUOTES
MULDER: I'm still tempted to fire

SCULLY: Well, there's still hope. That's why these missing stories have endured. People want to believe



other great episodes include: ice, triangle, hollywood ad, detour, folie a deux, pusher, small potatoes..........

1 comment:

  1. I've posted a response.

    Hollywood AD sucks!

    And Queequag's death is one of your favourite moments?! You are one sick puppy!

    ReplyDelete